taken from http://southernfood.about.com/od/bakedhamrecipes/r/bl51123d.htm
- 1 fully cooked ham, about 6 to 8 pounds
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 heaping tablespoon brown or Dijon mustard
- dash cinnamon and ginger or allspice, optional
- Place ham, fat side up, on rack in a foil-lined roasting pan; score fat and stud with cloves, if desired.
- Bake at 325° for about 18 minutes per pound, until meat thermometer or instant read thermometer registers 148°.
- Combine maple syrup, brown sugar, apple juice, mustard, and spice (if using) in saucepan; bring to a boil and boil for about 2 minutes (be careful not to let it boil over).
- About 20 minutes before the ham is done, spoon about half of the glaze over top of ham, then about 10 minutes before done, spread remaining glaze over ham.