taken from: http://www.lifesambrosia.com/2009/04/parmesan-crusted-tialpia-with-tomato-basil-cream-sauce-recipe.html
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup cream
- small handful of fresh basil leaves
- 4 tilapia fillets
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- oil for frying
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes. Add cherry tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low and add cream. Let simmer for 15 minutes. Sauce will turn slightly pink and coat the back of the spoon. (Note: It is okay if the sauce boils slightly.) Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, pour enough oil just to coat the bottom of a skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Rinse and pat dry the tilapia fillets. Season both sides with kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Combine Parmesan, panko and granulated garlic.
- Dredge the seasoned tilapia fillets in the flour. Shake off excess. Dip in egg. Press into Parmesan/panko mixture.
- Place fish in heated skillet, in batches if necessary and cook 3-4 minutes per side. Fish will be golden brown and will flake easily when done.
- When you remove the fish, chiffonnade the basil (Note: To do this, simply roll up a few basil leaves and gently chop). Stir the basil into the sauce. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Lay fish on a serving platter and spoon sauce over the top. Serve.