I love sweet potato fries. They are so yummy to me. They are WAY better than regular potato fries – which are super greasy. We made pizza the other night and in South America, pizza is typically served with fries. So I made some of these and they were my favorite part of the meal (even though I love pizza).
Sweet Potato Fries with Chipotle Mayonnaise
2 large sweet potatoes, cut into strips or wedges
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 tablespoon seasoned salt
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1. Put sweet potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle oil over them.
2. Sprinkle the seasonings on, then mix with your hands until all potatoes are well coated.
3. Cook in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes, or until desired texture is reached.
4. Serve with chipotle mayonnaise (recipe follows).
*Tip: put parchment paper on the pan under the potatoes, to make for an easy cleanup
2+ teaspoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (I typically just buy the jar instead of the can, since I know I won’t use the whole thing right away)
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1. Put mayonnaise in a small bowl.
2. One teaspoon at a time, add the chipotle pepper sauce to the mayonnaise. Taste after each teaspoon is added and mixed. Wait for the heat to kick in. Add more if necessary. My husband and I love the flavor of the peppers, as well as the heat, so we add 5 or 6 teaspoons. But it’s really a personal preference how much heat you want in it.
3. Chill until ready to serve. This also makes a great sauce for black bean burgers!