Next time you’re in Houston, GO TO THE CHOCOLATE BAR. It is our go-to spot when company comes to visit. It’s so fun and unique and delicious! Whenever we go, my husband orders the same thing: Candylicious Junkyard Pie. It’s got an Oreo cookie crust, a white chocolate mousse, and TONS of candy.
We recently celebrated Halloween and have quite a bit of leftover candy, so I decided this would be the best use of it, instead of just slowly whittling it away every time I walk in the kitchen.
5 tablespoons butter, in 5 slices
2 cups heavy whipping cream
8 oz. white chocolate
2 cups chopped candy, put 1/2 cup more for topping
- Pulse Oreos in a food processor until crumbly
- Add butter and pulse until well-incorporated
- Push Oreo crust into the bottom and sides of a 9-in springform pan
- Whip cream until stiff peaks form and place in fridge
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave or double broiler until smooth
- Add warm chocolate to chilled whipped cream and mix until smooth
- Stir in 2 cups chopped candy
- Spoon filling into Oreo crust and top with remaining candy
Chill for 2 hours before serving.