Do you need something you can eat on the run that DIDN’T come from a drive-thru window? I’ve got you covered. These are not only tasty and SUPER easy, but also so versatile. You can add extra ingredients at your leisure.
The idea for these came one morning when my father-in-law was visiting. We happened to have a can of crescent rolls, and I decided they would be a perfect base for one of my favorite breakfasts: bacon and eggs. They were a huge hit with my husband and his dad, and have been a staple in our home ever since. My toddler gets so excited whenever he sees me make these. My brother once told me I could sell these on the street corner, they were so good.
1 can crescent rolls (8 count)
5 strips bacon, chopped
5 eggs, beaten
salt and pepper
1/2 cup cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the bacon until crispy and add the eggs.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir until the eggs are no longer liquid.
- Unwrap the crescent rolls and lay them flat on a greased pan.
- Spoon a tablespoon full or so of the egg mixture onto the large part of each crescent roll. Add more to each one to use all of the eggs.
- Carefully separating the crescent rolls, take each of its three corners and fold them over the eggs. Repeat for each roll.
- Sprinkle each roll with a little bit of cheese.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes until the tops are brown.
I have made this recipe with both sweet fillings and savory fillings. The ones above (and below) have nutella and a banana/cream cheese filling.